Thursday, April 25, 2013

Chicken Soup

Chicken soup is good for the soul (I've read the book) and tonight it's going to be good for our bodies.  Hopefully, we'll get over this spring sickness soon.  The soup smells so good!  Three small chicken breasts cooked and shredded.  I used a quart of chicken stock and then added a quart of water with three chicken bouillon cubes.  Then I added carrots cut into small pieces, celery stalks cut up, onion sliced up then I added half a bag of frozen spinach.  I cooked this for two hours on low and then added salt, pepper, bay leaves and rosemary.  I added a cup of uncooked orzo to the pot and turned off the heat.

The soup was unbelievable!  Both Phil and I each had two bowls.  There was enough left over for him to take in to work for lunch tomorrow!

No comments: