Sunday, April 21, 2013

Is it Spring or still Winter?

A few days ago we had a gorgeous day with sunny skies and 88 degree weather!  Yes, here!  Then Friday I left the house without a jacket and it turned very cold.  I kept thinking it would snow and then yesterday it did.  We had snow flurries here.  We went up to Warriorsmark yesterday and it flurried there the entire time we were there.

Phil has been working with Rocco and Roxy.  Rocco's natural ability test is over Memorial Day weekend.  Roxy's isn't until September.  Both did well with training yesterday but Phil did something to his knee yesterday which cut short the training day.  We got home and he took aspirins, had a hot bath and then rested his knee for an hour (yes, it was a nap which I suggested).  Today he was feeling much better and was out training dogs near Kittanning.

I started knitting a hat for Lilly while we were driving yesterday.  Cute pattern called, "Vanilla Ice Flower Hat," which I found on Ravelry.  I'm using an all cotton yarn called Bamboozle by Crystal Palace Yarns.  I found it in the discount bin at Kathy's Kreations in Ligonier.  I'm using a size 2 circular needle and it's been a little tough for me.  I know!  I love a yarn and buy it and then try to find a pattern to use it.  Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't.  I'm trying to knit looser so the needle slides into the stitches easier.  I've gotten as far as row five in the second pattern repeat.  Wish me luck!


1 comment:

Pat said...


The hat is darling.
I need a toddler in my life.