Friday, May 10, 2013

Dance Recital Jitters

This evening is rehearsal for my oldest granddaughter's dance recital.  This was her first year of dance classes.  She took preschool acrobatics, tap and ballet.  I know she loved her acro class because she would talk all about the different things she learned on the drive home.  I don't think she enjoyed tap but she liked ballet.

The girls have been practicing the dance routines every week for months now.  Some of them have it down and some are a little behind.  Once they put their costumes on no one will remember whether or not they did their dance numbers perfectly.  Everyone will remember how beautiful their daughters looked.

Hopefully I can get some photos this evening of the rehearsal because we're not allowed to take photographs tomorrow with the flash on our cameras.  I'm sure the flashes of light would startle the preschoolers.  The older dances are probably used to dancing on stage in front of an audience.

Here's a photo of little miss in one of her dance costumes.  I took the photo at my house a few months ago.


The rehearsal went well.  We didn't get out of there until well after 8 p.m.  She's sleeping now and I'm heading that way.  Long day.