Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Fishing Trip to Nowhere

Phil has five weeks of vacation a year.  A couple of months ago he planned a day fishing charter trip for us at Raystown Lake in Huntington, PA.  Last night we got everything ready for our trip and even went to bed early; 10 p.m.  We got up at 1 a.m. (yes, I did get up!) so we could be in the car and on the road by 2 a.m.  It took a little over two hours but we got there at 4:15 a.m.  We stopped where we were supposed to meet the captain for our day of fishing pleasure only to have the guard pass the phone over to Phil as soon as we arrived.  Seems the boat our captain planned to use for our trip had something go wrong and even replacing a second motor didn't fix it.  We turned around and headed two hours back home.  I slept the last hour and once we got home we both slept another four hours.  What a wasted trip.

We went to a matinee showing of Iron Man 3 at Carmike Cinemas today.  There was one other person in the auditorium besides me and Phil.  I enjoyed the movie.  It was in 3-D.

I fixed pork chops in my electric skillet for dinner tonight.  We had carrots and buttered penne pasta for sides.  It was a good dinner.  Phil met a friend at the lake near our house to train dogs so I'm alone.  We have a fire going in the woodstove which is nice.  Time to order more propane.

I haven't finished that last Dragonfly sock yet.  There isn't much further to do.  I'm kind of bored with it right now and wish it was finished.  Maybe I can finish up while Grimm is on t.v. tonight.  I'm still tired.  Hope I can stay awake until 9 p.m.

He just arrived home.  He came up to the front porch and knocked on the door.  I opened the door and he hands me a can of Bud Light.  What?  His friend asked if he wanted one and Phil says no but Carol might.  Just what I need.  A beer would put me right to sleep.  I'll put it in the refrigerator.

No comments: