Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Pair of Hearts Socks

I found a sock pattern that I thought would look really good with the Cascades Heritage yarn (75% merino, 25% nylon).  It's called, "A Pair of Hearts Socks," by Donna Edgar which I found on Ravelry.  I started it on Monday.  Something to work on while hubby and his buddy trained dogs for hours and I was stuck in the truck knitting.

I like the yarn but this seems to be very slow going as there is only one pattern repeat at the beginning of the sock row while the remainder is all stockinette stitch.  It's rather boring.  I find myself dozing off while I'm knitting, not that I ever do that anyway, just more likely to happen when there isn't a lot to occupy my mind while knitting.  I'm into the second pattern repeat.  There are three before the heel is started.  Here's where I'm at now.  The second photo is true to color.  I'm using five double pointed needles but I am still getting ladders between needles.  I hate that!  I wonder if using a circular needle would rid me of ladders?



I'm going to frog this sock.  I hate ladders.  :)

No comments: