Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Doll Clothes

I've been looking for quick doll clothing patterns to sew or knit.  While my granddaughters' Bitty Baby has some clothes she has been lacking in the undergarments department.  I bought two PDF knitting pattern booklets by Vintage Knitting Lady a month ago.  Two booklets with multiple knitting patterns included.  The Bestway 1969 is for boy baby dolls which I didn't notice until after I'd ordered it online.  The other was Patons 538 knitting patterns for girl baby dolls but I can't find a photo of the cover page.



Last night, not being able to sleep, I picked out a pink mohair yarn and found the equivalent size to the old UK numbers 10 and 12 knitting needles (U.S. sizes 3 and 2).  I was still knitting away until 2 a.m. when the mohair started working on me and I itched so much I had to put it down and go to sleep.

Today, I managed to work through the mohair itching me and finished up on Bitty's little panties.  Instead of knitting six rows of single ribbing around the legs I did a row of double crochet.  I used a matching pink ribbon for the drawstring to hold the panties up around her waist.  I think the girls will be happy.  Next, I'll be looking for patterns for 18-20 inch dolls.  No mohair.


No comments: