Saturday, July 27, 2013

Sunny, sunny, sunny top

Last week I started on a new cotton top for Lilly.  I had purchased one skein of mint green cotton and rayon yarn back in February and, since I didn't have more, I contacted people who had some for sale on Ravelry.  I bought three more skeins from a lovely woman named Kim.  I started on the top using Carol J. Sulcoski's, "Sunny, sunny, sunny" pattern only to find out that I need more skeins in order to finish.  So that top was put on the backburner until I can find more of the yarn which is discontinued.



After my disappointment at not having the correct amount of yarn I decided to go to Kathy's Kreations in Ligonier to find a similar yarn in order to start on another top using the same pattern.  I found a beautiful aqua cotton yarn.  I made a few minor adjustments to the pattern.  I left out the p2 k2 ribbing pattern throughout and went with straight stitch except for the heart motif at the center of the bodice.  Here's where I am now:


The color above isn't true to life.  It has more of a touch of green.

We have someone driving in from Maryland tomorrow to take a look at Titus.  I don't know how anyone could see him and not be able to resist his face!  He is such a sweetie.  I'm hoping it's a love at first sight kind of thing!  Titus needs a really good home and I think this guy is it.  :)

Update on August 4:  I'm almost finished with the blue cotton top.  I made a few changes from the pattern.  It's coming along.


No comments: