Last week I started on a new cotton top for Lilly. I had purchased one skein of mint green cotton and rayon yarn back in February and, since I didn't have more, I contacted people who had some for sale on Ravelry. I bought three more skeins from a lovely woman named Kim. I started on the top using Carol J. Sulcoski's, "Sunny, sunny, sunny" pattern only to find out that I need more skeins in order to finish. So that top was put on the backburner until I can find more of the yarn which is discontinued.
After my disappointment at not having the correct amount of yarn I decided to go to Kathy's Kreations in Ligonier to find a similar yarn in order to start on another top using the same pattern. I found a beautiful aqua cotton yarn. I made a few minor adjustments to the pattern. I left out the p2 k2 ribbing pattern throughout and went with straight stitch except for the heart motif at the center of the bodice. Here's where I am now:
The color above isn't true to life. It has more of a touch of green.
We have someone driving in from Maryland tomorrow to take a look at Titus. I don't know how anyone could see him and not be able to resist his face! He is such a sweetie. I'm hoping it's a love at first sight kind of thing! Titus needs a really good home and I think this guy is it. :)
Update on August 4: I'm almost finished with the blue cotton top. I made a few changes from the pattern. It's coming along.