Saturday, August 10, 2013

Canning

I picked black raspberries around our property and had enough to make four half pints of jam.  I added a handful of blueberries to the mixture and it turned out great!

I picked peas one day but there wasn't enough to can so I froze them.  I picked beans for an hour and ended up with enough to get seven pints in the pressure canner.  Now I'm looking for sweet pickle recipes that I can process in the water bath canner.  No cucumbers.  I plan to use zucchini.

I bought a sewing pattern last week and did not have time to cut it out and start sewing.  I'd like to do that this week.  I need something new to wear.


2 comments:

Lindsay(PACountryCrafts) said...

You are getting a nice variety! I did peach jam yesterday... lots and lots of it so I was tired! I want to freeze eggplant parmesan this week, too. I might do jalapeno poppers if I get time. I haven't been able to use my pressure canner yet because the green beans aren't producing much. It has been so cool!

Carol Pack Urban said...

Peach jam so yummy. I need to find a place selling some. I hate to buy them at Walmart. Hoping to find a road side stand.