Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Cherry Preserves

My mouth is watering just thinking about all the jam I've made this summer.  Yum!  Each has been so good.  

Today I made cherry preserves.  I don't have any cherry trees near me except for wild choke cherry.  I've used that in the past and it's been delish.  I haven't found any trees with branches low enough to the ground for me to pick so I bought a bag of cherries at Giant Eagle the other day and used those.  Turned out extremely yummy but still not as delicioso as the strawberry I made last month.  OMG, was that ever good!

I used the recipe in the Sure Jell box.  I ended up with two cups of cherry pieces and juice after a few whizzes in the food processor.  Don't worry.  I removed all the pits prior to processing.  giggle  I added one tablespoon of lemon juice, one tablespoon of butter and four cups of sugar.  I ended up with five half-pints.


No comments: