Saturday, August 17, 2013

Sewing for Me

A few weeks ago while we were at Walmart I bought fabric in the $1.00 bin.  Six yards total.  Two cuts of three yards each in a cotton-rayon blend.  I liked the colors in the fabric and since they were on sale I bought them along with Simplicity pattern 2892.  I decided on version D.  I don't like belt ties.

The first photo is the fabric I cut out today.  While both fabrics share the same colors the fabric in photo one is a smaller print and rather muted.  The colors in photo two are bold and the pattern larger.




I finished the first top tonight.  I love the fabric although it does fray real bad.  I'm not sure I really like the way the front of the yoke looks.  I also think bias tape using the same fabric instead of store bought would have looked much nicer.  I'll cut out the second top tomorrow.


And lastly.  Me in the top.




1 comment:

Tina said...

You are so talented! Looks great!