Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Anniversary

Today was our anniversary.  Twenty four years ago we said, "I Do," to one another and have tried for better or for worse to follow through.  It wasn't quite the anniversary that we had hoped for.  I was sick over the weekend and today we had a club meeting.  It was Subway for dinner and even that didn't sit well on my tummy.

Thursday I stopped to see Lilly.  She showed me the popsicle stick puppets she made with daddy and mommy.  We had fun playing.  She even showed me how she can pedal her new bike!  I knew she was tired when she said it was time for me to go home.  LOL!



Friday I picked Jassie and Dixie up for the weekend.  Phil trained dogs in the morning while the girls played and I made a dress for Dixie.  She picked out pink, grey and white horse knit fabric for her dress.  It kind of looks like camo fabric.  This was my first time working with knit fabric.  I looked at a lot of knit fabric tutorials online.  The pattern called for a 14 inch zipper closure in back.  It did look cute on her.  I'm using Simplicity pattern 9032825 for both girls.  It goes from sizes 3-8.



Jassie picked out a daisy floral knit fabric for her dress.  I have it cut out and meant to have it sewn up for her on Sunday but I caught some sort of stomach virus and was out for the count all day yesterday and today.  Hoping I can start and finish it up tomorrow.  I have a lot of running around to do.

While we waited in the truck for pappy to come out of Walmart, the girls blew on his duck calls and dog training whistles.



2 comments:

Lindsay(PACountryCrafts) said...

The "horse camo" is very cute! :) You did a great job- knits can be very tricky and I know my first few projects turned out awful!

Carol Pack Urban said...

I didn't quite know what to do for the zipper and hems for sleeves and bottom of dress. Was I supposed to continue using zigzag stitching or straight stitching? I went with straight stitching and increased the stitch length but it doesn't look quite right.