Friday, October 4, 2013

Oncology Visit

My visit with the oncologist yesterday went well.  My blood work was great.  My CEA level has stayed the same for the past four years; less than 0.5 which is fantastic.  I can't believe it's been four years since my last chemo treatment!  He said whatever I'm doing just keep it up.  :)

I called my mom on the way home yesterday and she left me know that her oncologist has said she can have her port removed.  It's already scheduled!

I have the girls this weekend.  Both are finally asleep now, thank you Jesus!  I invited Joe to come spend the weekend with us but he had plans.  Same with Ralph, Jess and Lilly.  So, it'll just be Grandma, Pappy and the girls this weekend.

Jass is enjoying her new ballet class this year.  New teachers and new group of dancers.  The girls are her own age group which is great for her.  Dixie is still not ready.  Lilly takes acro class and is going to be starting into ballet soon.  I already bought her a new leotard!

While trying to get the girls settled into bed tonight I got out my knitting and started on the second mitten.  Then they decided to fight over knitting needles and toys.  I had to take the needles away fearing they would poke each other with them.  Or possibly poke Grandma!

I'm having a difficult time getting to sleep which is why I decided to blog.  Had a bad experience at Tractor Supply today.  Girls in tow, I was buying Purina dog food, stock feed and chicken pellets.  Each had a book picked out.  Paid with two Purina Pro Club checks at $7 each and the balance with my credit card.  Was asked to give my telephone number and I declined to give it.  Then was told I would have to give my contact information in case anything went wrong with the Purina checks.  What?  They are Purina Pro Club checks nothing's going to go wrong.  It's not like Purina is going to bounce checks.  I stood my ground about not giving information and the clerk probably just thought I was a "b*$ch."  Was told it was store policy to get that information.  I was a cashier back in the day.  I understand getting contact info for personal checks but not these were not personal checks.  Sent an email to Tractor Supply letting them know what transpired and told them store policy needs to change.  I could have been the victim of identity theft if someone had written down my phone number and then saw my name on the credit card display screen.  In this day and age there should be some other way to handle this other than verbally giving out information.

2 comments:

Joan B said...

i always give a fake number. it's the easy way out and life is too short. i'm tired of fighting with cashiers who have no power over store policies

Carol Pack Urban said...

Joan, I did that very thing on Thursday! If the store decides to call that number they will get a doctor's office.