Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Once Again

we have run out of propane.  I had it filled sometime in November.

Our friend is a furnace repairman.  I work part time for him (occasionally).  This morning when I got up the thermostat read 60 degrees.  I had it set at 66 overnight which is comfortable for us because we have an electric blanket on our bed.  The furnace came on and ran a bit and then shut off and tried to restart.  He ran me through two things he thought it might be and decided to come out.  He bypassed the low propane sensor and had it going until it ran completely out of propane.

I called the propane company.  Hoping they arrive tomorrow because it is DANG cold in here.  In fact, it's warmer at the kennel than the house.  I worked all day on getting a fire going in the wood stove.  And, I do mean all day.  It's 6:15 p.m. and it's taken all this time to get hot enough that the blower turned on.  I figure I will stay up until midnight to feed the fire and hubs can get up around 3 a.m. (he usually gets up at 4:20) to add wood.

The weather app on my cell phone reads 5 degrees outside.  BRRRRR!

It was Friday when the propane was delivered.  I had to get someone to plow the driveway before they would deliver.  I was so happy to see the driver.  400 gallons of propane.  It literally was empty.

No comments: