Saturday, February 15, 2014

An unpleasant Valentine's Day

Phil took half a day on Thursday so we could spend some time together.  We weren't sure if we wanted to go to the sports show in Monroeville or visit Cabelas.  I chose Cabelas so we could stop at Cracker Barrel to eat.

It was a very scary drive out due to the weather.  Heavy snowfall here in PA but by the time we got to WV there was barely any snow on the roads and the sun was actually shining.  We had an early dinner at C.B. and then over to Cabelas to shop.

On the way home I started to get an upset stomach.  I woke up Friday morning feeling like I had stepped right back on the chemo wagon.  Throwing up and lots of the big D and I don't mean divorce.  I was sweating and chilling at the same time.  Phil thinks it was a 24 hour bug and not because of what I ate although I'm not sure.I had absolutely no energy.  I couldn't concentrate to be on the computer.  I just slept most of the day.  I was finally able to eat something this morning.

I started a pair of legwarmers for Dixie.  I'm using Berocco's Remix yarn in the Dungarees colorway.  I did a k2 p2 rib for 1.5 inches and then k3 p1 for the remainder.  I'm going to make them 12 inches long and then go back to the ribbing for another 1.5 inches.  It's kind of a mindless task that I can work on without much concentration.

As I was knitting along I used my own leg to measure how long the legwarmers should be for Dixie.  I decided that nine inches was long enough and then added the ribbing to finish the first one.  I started right into the second after that.

Feeling much better today (Sunday).

2 comments:

Used-to-Bees said...

That sounds horrible! Hope you're now feeling much better and able to get on with your knitting without too many interruptions.
x

Carol Pack Urban said...

Thank you, hon! Today I'm feeling much better. I was able to finish the first leg and started with the second! :)

Carol