Monday, April 7, 2014

McCalls Jumper Pattern 8288

I buy a lot of vintage patterns and sew for my granddaughters.  I buy what I like and think they would like to wear.  On Sunday I cut out McCalls 8288 which is a jumper pattern.  I went with version B which just pulls on right over the head.  Simple.  Pattern cover says it's a one hour pattern.  If I had sat there that long it might have only taken an hour but I took breaks and pressed the fabric pieces as I sewed them together.

I have the hemming left to do but want to measure for that while Jass is wearing the jumper.  The fabric I used is a middle to heavy weight 100% cotton fabric by Waverly which I thought might hold up better than light weight cotton.  It's pink, feels like denim or twill and is covered with dragonflies.  I think it's really cute.  It also has pockets.  Little girls like pockets.




No comments: