Saturday, June 7, 2014

More Sewing for Girls


I love to hit thrift stores looking for sewing patterns and fabric.  Sometimes I buy used sheets, always in good condition, to cut up to use as fabric to make clothes.

The other day I stopped at the Goodwill store in Windber, PA and bought five patterns for 49 cents each.  I was happy.  Across the street was a JoAnn's Fabric store where I purchased lots more fabric.

I was able to make dresses this week for three of the granddaughters and plan to do more sewing next week.  Two of the dresses need to be hemmed.  I need the girls here to do that.

Dress for Dixie
Bicycle Dress for Jassmine
Little Dress for Beverly


Back view of the dress for Dixie.

I also purchased two more vintage patterns off ebay.

Butterick 6201

Simplicity 1438




2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Great job on the dresses! The vintage patterns look fun, too!

Carol Pack Urban said...

I love vintage patterns. Let me know if there are any you want to borrow.