Monday, March 30, 2015

A New Knit

I bought the softest, most beautiful Alpaca yarn from Alpaca Direct.  It's by Cascade Yarns and is called Eco/Pure Alpaca (not sure which because each tag had a different name on it) in the Sphere colorway.

I had selected the V is for Vivi pattern by Big Bad Wool and ordered the yarn for the pattern.  I made the 12 months size for Michael.  I had a few mistakes but nothing so bad as to detract from the overall pattern or loveliness of the yarn.

It took me about three days to knit.



The first photo is true to life.

I was able to find the same yarn online through WEBS (yarn.com) in a beautiful spring green color and plan to knit up a shrug or bolero for Lilly.  While the yarn was on sale at Alpaca Direct for $14.95 it was further discounted at yarn.com for $9.95 a skein.  Happy shopper!

No comments: