Monday, April 20, 2015

Peasant Dress for me

I wanted something to wear around the house other than jeans (so constricting) or nightgown (too revealing) so I downloaded and printed out the SisBoom Meghan Peasant Dress on Saturday.  I made the dress on Sunday and wore it that evening.

I used a medium weight linen fabric that I probably bought on ebay although I don't remember.  I made it in a size large but could should have made an XL because it just wasn't roomy enough for my bosom.  The entire pattern including instructions contained over 100 pages in various sizes, three bust choices and multiple sleeve lengths.  The pattern was very well designed and easy to follow.  The only thing I didn't really like was the 1/4 inch seam allowances.  I would definitely make the dress again in a larger, roomier size.




Update, 5-14-2015:  I made another peasant dress for myself; this time in cotton.  I used 1/4 inch elastic and lowered the waist.  I did not put elastic under the bust.  I also went with short sleeves.  I wore it yesterday and it was very comfortable.


My bedroom curtains were not the best backdrop for this dress as the fabric clashes.  The background of the fabric is a baby blue.

3 comments:

Pat said...


Your dress makes me feel like spring.
Happy to hear your good health news...
and a new baby is always a blessing.

Carol Pack Urban said...

Thank you, Sassy!

Lindsay said...

These are very similar! They look great and very comfortable. I want to try one for myself in knit.