Monday, March 7, 2011


Saturday morning Phil got up really early to meet his brother, Dave, in Ligonier. They were going to Warriorsmark for the Continental Pheasant Hunt.  They had an awesome time and Dave said that Opal outperformed her mother, Bella, on points and retrieves.  They each brought home six birds.

I enjoyed my Saturday by staying in bed and knitting combined with a little computer time looking at emails.  Phil came home about 4:00 then went out to Dairy Queen and brought us both home salads and ice cream.  Yum!

Sunday morning we had scheduled to meet Ralph, Jess and Lilly at Dino's Sports Bar in Greensburg next to Gander Mountain at 11:30 only to find out when we got there that it didn't open up until noon.  Boo.  We drove over to Texas Roadhouse and had a great lunch.  Lilly was SO good.  She had just woken up from a nap and was all smiles.  She warmed up to us and waved throughout the meal, looking around occasionally checking out the people who were sitting nearby.

After lunch we went over to Target to shop for baby supplies.  Jassie had called Friday night asking if she could come over.  I spoke with Chrystal and we were going to have Jassie and Dixie-Lee.  We picked up diapers, formula, baby wipes, Desitin (just in case), baby bath and baby lotion.  Then we drove over to pick up the girls.

The first thing we did, after arriving at our house, was give the girls a bath.  It was the first thing Jassie wanted to do.  She likes the big garden tub in our bedroom.  I fill it up with baby bath to make bubbles and she puts her Barbies in with her.  This time in addition to Barbies baby Dixie-Lee joined her.  I had an awful time bending over the bathtub trying to hold the baby from going under the water.  Next time we're going to bath her in the smaller tub downstairs!

After bath time we watched tv for a bit and had popcorn.  Then it was time for dinner.  I reheated rigatoni in meat sauce.  Jassie kept asking for more but the three of us finished off what I had so she made herself a butter sandwich.  We played on the couch and I knitted while the baby slept in the back room.  Jassie kept going back to check on her.

The baby was fine.  She had three bottles and three diaper changes and seemed to be perfectly content with either me holding her or Pappy holding her although Pappy let her slip onto the couch once because he wasn't holding tight enough.  I told him he's going to have to work on that.  After playing Barbies and getting out the Lego blocks and building stuff, Jassie said, "Grandma, I think Dixie wants to go home to her mommy.  You should call mommy to come get her."  I am pretty sure it was Jassmine who wanted to go home and not Dixie-Lee!  So, Chrystal and Joe had to drive all the way up to our house to pick up the girls.  So much for giving them a night off!

Phil called today and told me he thought Jassie was pretty well behaved yesterday.  That's a plus.

No comments: